Requirements for Admissions
We are a Covenant Christian School. As such, we require both mom and dad to sign a covenant as Bible believing Christians during the application and enrollment process. We welcome believers who wish to pursue a Charlotte Mason style education to apply to our school.
We invite you to attend a personal campus tour. Schedule your tour here. During your tour you we will talk through our educational philosophy as well as be able to answer any questions about our school that you may have.
Arborbrook has a unique educational philosophy. We ask all applicant parents to obtain and read a copy of For the Children’s Sake by Susan Schaeffer Macaulay. This is required reading for all applicant parents and will help you understand the Charlotte Mason philosophy of education.
We also would like for you to take a moment to read our Discipline Policy as well as The Matthew 18 Principle, for dealing with school problems. We never anticipate there WILL be problems, but having a good plan in place is important in keeping our community Biblically-based.
We are excited to have you join our community. Click this APPLICATION LINK to go to the next step. Once we receive your application, you will be contacted to schedule entrance testing. Every student who joins Arborbrook will be tested to ensure we are a good academic fit. Application fees are NON-REFUNDABLE. If you decide to apply and then not enroll with Arborbrook, your application will be kept in our system for future years. Please do not fill out another application if you have already submitted one previously. We do not charge application fees twice for the same student.
Applications are taken on a first-come basis and waitlists are built based on application submission date/time. You will need to submit an academic and personal referral email address during this process. For the academic referral, it must be a current teacher who completes this referral form.
Our Admissions Committee will carefully review new student applications. Acceptance or denial of new students is based on the following criteria:
- Spiritual Compatibility – Both parents are born-again, Bible-believing Christians and share our core values of keeping the family together as much as possible. Parents are committed to training children in good habits and Christian character, and agree with the importance of preserving childhood innocence as much as possible.
- Philosophical Compatibility – Both parents have a good understanding of the Charlotte Mason philosophy of education, have read all required materials, including For the Children’s Sake, and agree that they are the primary educators of their children.
- Financial Compatibility – The family has the financial resources to afford private school tuition, and will not be unduly stressed by tuition and fees.
- Parental Compatibility – Both parents understand and agree with the Parent Volunteer Cooperative, understand the importance of parental involvement in the child’s education both at home and at school, and desire to be part of a larger community of believers.
- Student Compatibility – The child responds well to authority, has few to no behavioral problems, and has minor or no learning difficulties. The child places in a class level in which there is available space.
Once we have received the testing results, we will share those with you electronically and invite you to a parent (only) meeting. This is a time for us to get to know one another better, prior to offering an enrollment decision.
After you have been sent a welcome email from us at Arborbrook, you will have 10 days to submit your electronic enrollment packet (this will be emailed to you upon acceptance). Please be aware you must submit updated immunizations electronically in that enrollment packet, and plan accordingly. Once you have completed the packet, you will be officially enrolled! You are an Arborbrook Falcon Family!